What is a "Fitter"?

January 15, 2015

So what is a "Lampshade Fitter"?  Look down into the top of your lampshade.  See the metal framework?  It usually looks like a cross with a circle of metal inside called a washer.  This is the fitter.  It is how the lampshade is "fitted" onto your lamp.  The specific type of fitter is imortant to know when you are shopping for a replacement shade.  Here is a little chart showing all the types of fitters found in lampshades.


Please reload

Featured Posts

"Oui" Do French Wiring

March 9, 2015

Please reload

Recent Posts

January 15, 2015

January 14, 2015

Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Pinterest App Icon

Custom Lamps


Locally Made

Gifts, Furniture,

and Art

Lamp Restoration


Southwest Virginia


Northeast Tennessee

180 East Main Street

Abingdon, VA 24210




© 2019 by Shady Business