top of page

What is a "Fitter"?

So what is a "Lampshade Fitter"? Look down into the top of your lampshade. See the metal framework? It usually looks like a cross with a circle of metal inside called a washer. This is the fitter. It is how the lampshade is "fitted" onto your lamp. The specific type of fitter is imortant to know when you are shopping for a replacement shade. Here is a little chart showing all the types of fitters found in lampshades.


#lampshade #fitter #replacementshade #bulbclip #chimney #uno #washer

Custom Lamps


Locally Made

Gifts, Furniture,

and Art

Lamp Restoration


Southwest Virginia


Northeast Tennessee

180 East Main Street

Abingdon, VA 24210




bottom of page